Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Prone People

Great news! In trying to figure out my class schedule for this fall I realized I have been on the wrong track this whole time! I thought I was emphasizing in International Politics when in reality I've been on track for the Political Economy emphasis. So what does that mean? Well, unless I want to be in school for 2 more years, I have to pretty much take econ classes for the rest of my undergrad. Fantastic. Forget that my lowest grades are already from econ classes. You know what else? When all is done, I will be just 2 courses short of a BS in Economics - TWO. I am basically being forced to get a major in Economics. Oh this is fabulous. Why not just bump it up to a major and get a joint degree! And heak, while I'm at it, let's just move the Spanish minor up to a major and get a triple major! Dang it. I will just have to sweat this thing out and get out of there.

This makes me think of all the prones there are in the world. There are accident prone people, success prone people, and mistake prone people, just to name a few. I seem to fit neatly into the category of the very latter. I fear that my lack of detail is beginning catch up with me.

Who knows, in the end maybe this mistake of mine will be a blessing. Just like when I totally spaced when singing up for Driver's Ed by putting my birthday down as being 3/11/84 instead of 4/11/84. I didn't even realize I had done that until after I was put in a driver's group all with people whose birthdays were in February and March and wondered why I was the only April birthday. So, while it was the norm to get your driver's license a month or two after your birthday, I got mine the week of. Of course, those who didn't know me didn't believe I had made an honest mistake. Those who knew me well, maybe thought I had made an honest mistake? Ah well. To a 16 year old, that was the best mistake that could have possibly ever been made.

No comments: