Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Best Compliment Ever

I have been alive for 24 years. Out of those 24 years, only 18 or so are years in which I can remember. Tonight, I simply want to take the time to publicly thank a friend of mine for giving me what could be considered quite possibly the greatest compliment I have ever received in these 18 years cognisant life.

When she saw this picture of Ben and I performing at last year's critically acclaimed and enjoyed-by-all Mountain Wood-Stock festival, her exact words were, "you look like George Harrison's son!"

Words cannot express how much my tired body and groggy mind perked up when she said that.

Now, I don't want to brag or anything; it was she who said it, not me. But let's analyze this. If her claim is true - that I look like George Harrison's son, who is the spitting image of his father(seriously, he is...), who happens to be my favorite member of the all-time greatest group of musicians and cultural icons of the 20th century - then logically...........I look like George Harrison which automatically makes me freaking AWESOME!!!

Thank you Betsy for making my day!

You know, the world could use a few more Betsies out there.

No comments: