Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Not What it Seems

In response to a recent request to post pictures of the KGB prison (thank you Jesse), I must say that I really don't have any. The outside of the building is actually a very nice piece of architecture which sits right on the main thoroughfare through town. You would never suspect that inside held a prison complete with torture rooms and execution chambers. Unfortunately, I did not take any shots of the inside because I was unwilling to pay extra to take photography - I hate when they do that! But here is the front of the building.


As you can see, totally normal. And here is the view looking down the street. It is right in the center of the city when you'd expect it to be in some far off, obscure area.


And you can't really tell, but this is the side of the building and those windows along the foundation are the windows to the prison cells. During the KGB days, the windows were painted over.


And that is all. Thinking about it now, maybe I should have paid the few extra bucks to take pictures inside? because these shots are lame. Come to think of it, I didn't even ask how much it would be!? hmmmm.

No comments: